Ever gone to a restaurant and promised yourself you're going to make what you ordered at home. Those words, "I could make this" or "this is easy to make" falling out of your mouth? And then you come home only to find there is no recipe online for those homemade muffins at the 'Big Bean' in Newmarket, NH?
And so I introduce....
3/4 C Mixed dried fruit (from Trader Joe's) or Dates
1/2 C (be generous) Natural Nut Butter (I used half Almond and half Peanut Butter)
3/8 C Agave Nectar
1/3 C Flax seed
1/2 C chopped nuts (I used cashews)
1 1/3 C Oats (make it Gluten free by using GF oats)
1/2 C Unsweetened Coconut
1/2 C Dried Raisins/Craisins/Chocolate Chips - make it yours!
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Put the Dried mixed fruit/Dates through a food processor to make a thick base. (I washed my mixed fruit first to give it a little more give and stick to them before I put them through the food processor)
3. Add the "Mix up" ingredients to the dried fruit mix.
4. Once mixed, add the "Mix in" ingredients.
5. Pour onto a baking pan and PRESS PRESS PRESS down on the mixture!
6. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the edges turn brown.
7. When they're done, wait until cool to cut, the heat will make them fall apart.